Family Meeting This Sunday
For the month of February, we will have a Family Meeting each Sunday 9:15am-10:15am in the auditorium. On these four Sundays, we will be looking at some of the important next-steps for our church family.
All Kids Ministry groups will also resume during this hour.
New: Immanuel Resource Team
A few weeks ago, in our series “Church on the Move,” we noted that from the very start the members of the early church met each other’s needs with generosity and gladness. By God’s grace, we want to be a church that does the same. To that end, we want to let you know about a new ministry team forming, the Immanuel Resource Team.
The Resource Team is designed to connect the resources (skills, abilities, and willingness) of the body of Christ at Immanuel with the physical, practical needs of our congregation.
You can get involved in a couple of ways…
- Share a Resource: Do you have automotive repair skills? Enjoy providing meals for someone recovering from surgery? Are willing to help someone move? Are you able to provide lawn care for a widow? Can you provide some house repair for a brother or sister who can’t afford to hire someone? If you can, or if you have other similar abilities, sign up to be a resource HERE.
- Share a Need: Perhaps you’re here and are in need of this type of help or know of someone in our church who is. We would love to hear from you! You can request help HERE.
Bottles for Babies Campaign
Last Sunday was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday. It is a day to remember and appreciate the value of life for all people, from birth until death. We are all made in God’s image, and as such, we want to be a church that values the lives of those around us. One of the ways we can help do this is by participating in Choices Resource Center’s Bottles for Babies Campaign.
Choices is a pregnancy center in Oak Ridge that serves our community by offering resources to help families facing unplanned or unexpected pregnancies. Each year the center gives out baby bottles to churches to help raise funds and awareness. How does it work? It’s simple: take home a bottle and fill it with loose change, cash, or checks. The money we raise will go to Choices to directly help families grow and flourish. This is a fun way the entire family can champion life, and a way we can help families in our community.
To participate, you can pick up a bottle for your family in the atrium this Sunday. Fill them up with spare change and cash (checks if you wish) for one month. Then bring the bottles back to Immanuel on 2/25 to be delivered to Choices. Spare change might not seem like much, but it goes a long way to support Choices’ ministry!
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Download the study guide for your Community Group.