Cookout at the Cove
Mark your calendars! Invite your friends! Cookout at the Cove is Wednesday, May 15th from 6:00-8:00pm at the Cove at Concord Park.
Update from the Bells
The Bells have made it to South Africa! To find out about their journey, their arrival, and the adjustment of living in the country, check out their most recent blog update HERE.
Here are some ways we can continue to pray for the Bell family:
- Pray for the family to be settled into their new home and to share the love and hope of Christ with their neighbors and community.
- Pray for the family as they grow and serve their new church, Mountain View.
- Pray for their discipleship and evangelistic relationships.
- Pray for wisdom and obedience as they follow where the Lord leads.
- Pray for South Africa as it deals with social and political tensions leading up to the country’s elections.
Do you have an old cellphone lying around? Rather than throwing it away, donate it! Amanda Haire, a member of Immanuel Church and a zookeeper at the Knoxville Zoo, is collecting old cellphones to help with the Knoxville Zoo’s efforts to conserve the natural habitats of wild gorillas. Coltan, a mineral found in cellphones, is often mined in these habitats, but by collecting old cellphones the mineral can be recycled and reduce the demand for new coltan. If you have an old cellphone that you would like to donate, you may drop it off in a donation box located in the atrium!