Grace to you and peace from God our Father and Jesus our Savior!
We know these last several days have upended many daily routines and schedules. We are all adjusting to new working, financial, social, medical, and familial conditions…to name a few. But we pray you are faring well!
In a time of great change and uncertainty, as a church family, we want to move forward in faith and love and in what we know from scripture to be right and good.
And so, in the coming weeks, we invite you to commit with us to the following:
Truth. “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching…” (Acts 2:42). It is vital that we continue to listen to and consider the truth of scripture, the promises of God, and the hope of the Gospel.
- Church Online. We will continue to gather online this Sunday for worship and Bible study. This week we are adding a brief kids segment at the beginning! Please visit iknox.org/live for viewing instructions.
- Personal Devotion. We encourage you to continue in your own study of and meditations on scripture. We will also offer some additional prompts for reflection online.
Prayer. “And they devoted themselves to…the prayers” (Acts 2:42). Daily we pray and submit our cares to the Lord. He promises to provide for today and worry about tomorrow for us.
- Pray with us. Please join us in praying for our community and this situation.
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
Community. “And they devoted themselves to the fellowship…” (Acts 2:42). We need each other! Spiritually, relationally, practically – we need each other!
- Community Groups. We are encouraging CGs to stay connected. Get creative! Your CG leader will be in touch with any specific plans for your group.
- Share the Love. Please check in with friends and family. Depending on circumstances, some folks may be especially isolated. Let’s create a web of encouragement via calls, texts, emails, and so forth.
Service. “They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need” (Acts 2:45). The church is a family that cares for one another by meeting physical and practical needs.
- Give. There are several ways you can lend a hand…
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Receive. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
We will continue in these steps and continue to monitor and adjust as needed. Again, please stay in touch and let us know how we can help. We are here.
In this installment of The Week, we will provide some additional resources for “Church Life Online.” Please scan the resources below, and let us know if you have any questions.
We invite you to participate in our live online service this Sunday at 10:30am. All the info for streaming the service can be found at iknox.org/live.
Several folks have asked about giving. You may give online directly or mail contributions to us. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email.
This newsletter will come from email@example.com. Please add this email address to your contacts list so that it avoids spam filters.
Save the date! Our next family meeting will be on 4/5 at 5:00pm at HVA.
Hardin Valley Clean-Up*
Join us on Saturday, April 4th as we help serve the community of Hardin Valley by participating in the Spring Litter Cleanup. Please meet at 9:00am at the Food City in Hardin Valley to register and get supplies. Boots, long pants, and proper clothing for the weather are recommended, while gloves, trash bags, and vests will be provided at registration.
- When: Saturday, April 4th from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Where: Food City in Hardin Valley
- Questions: Contact Alan Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Subject to change. As of 3/19/20, the above announcements are still scheduled. However, check back in The Week for more information regarding changes in dates or cancellations of events.
Postponed: Street Hope Night of Worship
The Street Hope Night of Worship, originally scheduled for 3/26/20, has been postponed. Check back for more information regarding a possible reschedule of the night of worship.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.