This is the week at Immanuel…
Join us this Sunday on our live stream as we celebrate the risen King! 10:30am at iknox.org/live.
Midweek (Online) Prayer Meeting
Join us next week for a midweek prayer meeting! This meeting will let us gather together online to encourage one another, pray for one another, and pray for our world.
When: Wednesdays in April
Time: 12:30pm and/or 8:30pm
We invite you to join us for one or both of these meetings!
To join the meeting, visit iknox.org/pray on Wednesday. There you will find instructions and a link to the online meeting.
The Biggest Story
This Easter season, Crossway is offering an animated video, The Biggest Story, based on the Kevin DeYoung book by the same name. This video is free to stream and is a great resource for you and your family!
Click HERE to watch it today and learn more about the video.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!
Ladies Fellowship and Bingo Zoom
Grab your favorite snack and meet us online for a Zoom gathering on Wednesday, 4/15 at 7:30pm. We will fellowship together and play Bingo.
Click HERE to sign-up. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting, and your Bingo card will be emailed to you. We can’t wait to see you there!
Mid-Week Kids’ Activities
During this time, most families are spending lots of time at home. To help with this, Abby Slater has offered to host virtual mid-week kids’ activities! Below is a description of these meetings, as well as contact information for Abby:
“Hello Immanuel family! I know a lot of you have kids at home, and I would love to offer my help keeping things fun for them during this tough time (while giving you a break)! I would be happy to set up a video call with your family during which I could read stories, tell jokes/riddles, and play some games with your kids. All I’ll need is your kids’ names, ages, and interests so that I can select the most appropriate activities. If they have suggestions on things they’d like to do, I will gladly try to incorporate their ideas!”
If interested, you may call or text Abby at 865-742-3047 with a day/time that you’d like to set up a video call (weekdays between 9:00am-5:00pm preferred).
CedarBrook Food Box Initiative
During these difficult times, CedarBrook Outreach has been doing a Food Box Initiative to help provide food for at-risk families in our area. Currently, CedarBrook has been able to provide over 6,500 meals through the Food Box Initiative and will begin the fourth wave of food boxes. These boxes are to be delivered on Sunday, April 19th.
In preparation for the fourth wave of food boxes, there are several items you can help donate to CedarBrook!
- Individual oatmeal packets
- Boxes of cereal
- Pancake mix (just add water)
- Bags of rice
- Dried beans
- Bread or tortillas
- Canned veggies (green beans, corn, peas, etc.)
- Chicken/turkey stuffing mix (just add water & butter)
- Boxed mashed potatoes (just add water & butter)
- Bags of apples, oranges, or canned fruit
- Hot dogs/lunch meat/bologna
- Canned chicken/canned tuna
- Macaroni and cheese boxes
- Crackers/pudding snack packs/fruit snacks/goldfish
- Koolaid packages
- Medium size boxes
You may drop-off any purchased items at the Kids Center entrance at West Park Baptist Church!
Blog Post: Our Singer
We continue with a series of reflections on who God is for us. This week we look at God as “Our Singer.”
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.