This is the week at Immanuel…
Join us! Our next family meeting will be this Sunday, May 3rd, 5:00-6:15pm via Zoom. Click here on Sunday to join!
Live Stream Videos
During this time of social distancing, we have enjoyed worshipping with each other via live stream every Sunday morning. That being said, we want to see and hear from you! We would like to assemble a video comprised of short greetings from you, Immanuel Church, that we could play at the beginning of our live stream.
If you would like to participate, simply follow these guidelines
- Record a video of you and/or your family saying a short greeting to the rest of our church. These videos can be recorded during the week!
- Videos should be no more than 15 seconds long.
- Please record these videos in “landscape” mode. That is, if possible record with your phone positioned horizontally.
- Send in the videos to email@example.com!
This would be one simple way we could feel closer together even when we are a part, so if you would like to participate, simply grab your phone and record away!
Many in our church and community have experienced income loss due to a reduction of hours, being furloughed, or even being laid-off. As a church, we believe God has called us to care for one another and share with one another (Acts 2:44, Rom. 12:13), especially in such difficult times.
If you have a financial need, please let us know. We welcome you to contact any of our pastors, deacons, or other leaders regarding your need. Or, if you prefer, you may fill out the Financial Assistance Form on our website. You may also request assistance on behalf of someone else in need.
Services Continue Online
We invite you again to participate in our live online service this Sunday at 10:30am. All the info for streaming the service can be found at iknox.org/live. (You may wish to subscribe to our channel prior to Sunday so that you can easily view the stream from your television.)
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!
Mid-Week Kids’ Activities
During this time, most families are spending lots of time at home. To help with this, Abby Slater has offered to host virtual mid-week kids’ activities! Below is a description of these meetings, as well as contact information for Abby:
“Hello Immanuel family! I know a lot of you have kids at home, and I would love to offer my help keeping things fun for them during this tough time (while giving you a break)! I would be happy to set up a video call with your family during which I could read stories, tell jokes/riddles, and play some games with your kids. All I’ll need is your kids’ names, ages, and interests so that I can select the most appropriate activities. If they have suggestions on things they’d like to do, I will gladly try to incorporate their ideas!”
If interested, you may call or text Abby at 865-742-3047 with a day/time that you’d like to set up a video call (weekdays between 9:00am-5:00pm preferred).
Blog Post: Our Rock
We continue with a series of reflections on who God is for us. This week we look at God as “Our Rock.”
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.