This is the week at Immanuel…
During this difficult time, many have been affected by COVID-19. Among those facing uncertainty are the refugee and economically disadvantaged families in our own communities. CedarBrook Outreach is a local ministry that seeks to help by providing food boxes to these families. At Immanuel, we have several ways we can help support CedarBrook Outreach’s ministry to our community!
The first way we can help is by donating food supplies to CedarBrook. The following items can be dropped off:
- Canned roast beef with gravy/beef stew
- Chicken broth
- Vegetable soup
- Tomato soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Alfredo Sauce
- Red beans and rice/something similar
- Canned chicken
- Cereal boxes
- Corn muffin mix
- Manwich/Sloppy Joe
- Cookie/Brownie pouches
- Spaghetti noodles
- Peanut butter
- Pancake mix
- Oatmeal packets
- Boxed potatoes
- Hamburger helper
- Tuna helper
- Canned icing
- Any fun snack/goodies
- Encouraging notes! (CedarBrook would love to receive these!)
Donated items can be dropped off at 8833 Middlebrook Pike at the Children’s Center, Monday-Thursday, 10am-2pm.
Another way to help is by donating monetarily to CedarBrook. These donations are crucial to the outreach of CedarBrook, and their ministry would not be possible without this support! Simply click HERE to donate.
There are also several prayer requests we as a church can pray for:
- Since “Safer at Home” orders, many children have faced abuse in their homes. Pray for protection over children that face abuse or other risks.
- Pray that during this time, the parents/guardians and children will turn to Christ.
- Pray that the children CedarBrook serves will see and feel the love of Christ through their ministry.
- Pray that the Lord will raise up Christ-followers to mentor the children and teenagers CedarBrook serves, specifically the young middle school and high school boys.
These are several ways we as a church can help minister and share the love of Christ to those around us!
Live Stream Videos
During this time of social distancing, we have enjoyed worshipping with each other via live stream every Sunday morning. That being said, we want to see and hear from you! We would like to assemble a video comprised of short greetings from you, Immanuel Church, that we could play at the beginning of our live stream.
If you would like to participate, simply follow these guidelines
- Record a video of you and/or your family saying a short greeting to the rest of our church. These videos can be recorded during the week!
- Videos should be no more than 15 seconds long.
- Please record these videos in “landscape” mode. That is, if possible record with your phone positioned horizontally.
- Send in the videos to email@example.com!
This would be one simple way we could feel closer together even when we are a part, so if you would like to participate, simply grab your phone and record away!
Many in our church and community have experienced income loss due to a reduction of hours, being furloughed, or even being laid-off. As a church, we believe God has called us to care for one another and share with one another (Acts 2:44, Rom. 12:13), especially in such difficult times.
If you have a financial need, please let us know. We welcome you to contact any of our pastors, deacons, or other leaders regarding your need. Or, if you prefer, you may fill out the Financial Assistance Form on our website. You may also request assistance on behalf of someone else in need.
Services Continue Online
We invite you again to participate in our live online service this Sunday at 10:30am. All the info for streaming the service can be found at iknox.org/live. (You may wish to subscribe to our channel prior to Sunday so that you can easily view the stream from your television.)
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.