This is the week at Immanuel…
COVID Updates for Phase 1
As Phase 1 for Knox County continues, we will continue to meet online throughout the month of May, including Sunday morning services and community groups. This plan, however, will change as June will allow the opportunity to gather back together in “hybrid” services. To find out more about Phase 1 for our church, “hybrid” services in June, and other items relating to COVID, please click HERE.
Community Group Feedback
We want to hear from you! As Community Groups wind down, please take a moment to fill out our Community Group Feedback form. This form allows you to tell us what worked for you and your family, what didn’t work, and what we can do to improve. To fill out the form, please click HERE.
Summer Reading & Feeding Program
This summer is CedarBrook Outreach’s Summer Reading & Feeding Program. Summer Reading & Feeding is an 8-week program that allows CedarBrook to get to know, read to, and encourage the at-risk children in local government housing complexes. It also allows CedarBrook to feed meals to these at-risk children who, in many cases, lose meals over the summer due to summer break and school cafeteria’s being closed.
If you would like to help CedarBrook reach these children, you can sign-up HERE. Volunteering is simple! Volunteer time slots are 11:45am-1:00pm, Monday through Wednesday. Volunteers can choose one of these time slots or choose to volunteer on a regular basis.
Family Meeting Notes
If you missed our most recent family meeting, you may view the meeting notes to see what was discussed!
Many in our church and community have experienced income loss due to a reduction of hours, being furloughed, or even being laid-off. As a church, we believe God has called us to care for one another and share with one another (Acts 2:44, Rom. 12:13), especially in such difficult times.
If you have a financial need, please let us know. We welcome you to contact any of our pastors, deacons, or other leaders regarding your need. Or, if you prefer, you may fill out the Financial Assistance Form on our website. You may also request assistance on behalf of someone else in need.
Services Continue Online
We invite you again to participate in our live online service this Sunday at 10:30am. All the info for streaming the service can be found at iknox.org/live. (You may wish to subscribe to our channel prior to Sunday so that you can easily view the stream from your television.)
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!
Prepare for Worship
New Song Sunday
This Sunday we will be singing a new song, Christ Our Hope in Life and Death. Check it out below!
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.