This is the week at Immanuel…
Join us this Sunday!
Join us this Sunday, 6/14 @ HVA at 10:30 as we continue gathering back in person! In order to continue meeting safely we are observing the following CDC guidelines:
- Service Online. We will continue to provide an online service for those who are unable to attend in person.
- Social distancing. We encourage social distancing before and after service. Additionally, please refrain from hugs or handshakes in the atrium and auditorium. We will continue to space out seating in the auditorium and offer individually wrapped Communion cups. We will pass offering bags or open the coffee bar.
- Masks. Masks are recommended but not required. We will provide a mask for anyone who would like one, and we will maintain social distancing with or without them.
- Kids. Initially, we will not offer any childcare for any age. As always, children are welcome in the service. We gladly welcome their energy and presence.
- Screening. We will require staff and volunteers to be screened before serving. This will include a list of questions and a temperature check.
- Sanitation. We will provide hand sanitizing stations. Doors will remain propped open for touchless entry. We will provide disinfectant wipes in the bathrooms. Door knobs and handles will be frequently cleaned.
- Signage. We will post signage to educate churchgoers of the recommended protocols.
- Sickness Plan. Our staff will know and follow the CDC guidelines in the event that a staff member or congregant becomes sick.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these guidelines as we seek to honor the governing authorities and to care for one other and our community well. The elders and staff of Immanuel will continue to evaluate these guidelines and make adjustments as necessary.
Celebrating the Life of Eddie Hackleton
A Celebration of Life service for Eddie Hackelton will be held Friday, June 12th at 6:00pm in the Worship Center at West Park Baptist Church. The service will also be live-streamed on West Park’s Facebook page. Please continue to pray for Cerella and the family during this difficult time.
Family Meeting & Budget Meeting
Mark your calendars! We have a family meeting on June 28th at 5:00pm, and a budget meeting on June 21st at 9:00am. We hope to see you there!
Did you hear? Immanuel has a chapel! Check out the announcement in the video below.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!
Choices Resource Center Banquet
Choices Resource Center is hosting their annual fundraising banquet online on June 18th, with two showings: one at 1:00pm and the other at 7:00pm. With special guest Mike Williams, this event is a family friendly way to learn more about pro-life causes and support a ministry involved in pro-life work.
If you would like to participate in the banquet, you can join by watching on Facebook or Youtube. If you cannot participate in the banquet but would like to donate to this ministry, you may do so HERE. (If donating, simply choose “banquet” in the “Choose Fund” category, then in the “Comments” box, write “Banquet 2020.”)
If you would like to learn more about Choices Resource Center and their ministry, click here.
Summer Reading & Feeding Program
This summer is CedarBrook Outreach’s Summer Reading & Feeding Program. Summer Reading & Feeding is an 8-week program that allows CedarBrook to get to know, read to, and encourage the at-risk children in local government housing complexes. It also allows CedarBrook to feed meals to these at-risk children who, in many cases, lose meals over the summer due to summer break and school cafeteria’s being closed.
If you would like to help CedarBrook reach these children, you can sign-up HERE. Volunteering is simple! Volunteer time slots are 11:45am-1:00pm, Monday through Wednesday. Volunteers can choose one of these time slots or choose to volunteer on a regular basis.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.