This is the week at Immanuel…
This Sunday we take one more look at “Our Moment. [If you missed last week’s sermon, “Our Messy Moment”, you can find it here.]
We’re stepping back to talk about this moment in our history. We believe this moment, challenging as it is, could be our moment…as believers and a church. But we must be ready!
Please make plans to join us, either online or in-person:
- Online. Visit iknox.org/live and find out how to stream the service live at 10:30AM.
- In-Person. We are also meeting (socially distanced) at Hardin Valley Academy (HVA). Per the County’s request, we are following all CDC Guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with them here.
We look forward to seeing you then!
This is the time of year that we make big plans for our Kids Ministry. Of course, in these days of COVID19, those plans will look a little different for the fall semester. To help us reopen in the wisest and safest way possible, we are taking into consideration not only the CDC guidelines but also Knox County’s recently released plan. But we also want to hear from you. Please help us know how we can best minister to your children by filling out this survey. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback!
Community Groups: Fall 2020
Christian community is essential to the Christian life. And while we may be required to socially distance, we don’t want to spiritually distance ourselves from one another. That’s why we’re making plans to cultivate community in safe and responsible ways this fall through Community Groups this fall.
- If you’re not currently connected with a group, but are interested in joining, please fill out this Registration Form so can get you plugged-in.
- If you are a returning Community Grouper, please fill out our Evaluation and Re-Registration Form.
In light of the recent increase in area cases and the updated Knox County guidelines, we want to be especially mindful of CDC and County recommendations for church gatherings. Please help us follow these guidelines by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask if/when distancing is difficult or not feasible. You can see the full list of Immanuel Gathering Guidelines here.
Choices Resource Center Banquet
Every year, Choices Resource Center hosts their annual fundraising banquet to raise funds for their pro-life ministry. Due to COVID-19, the banquet this year has been pre-recorded and placed online!
If you would like to watch this year’s banquet, you may do so HERE. If you cannot watch the banquet but would like to donate to this ministry, you may do so HERE. (If donating, simply choose “banquet” in the “Choose Fund” category, then in the “Comments” box, write “Banquet 2020.”)
If you would like to learn more about Choices Resource Center and their ministry, click here.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!