This is the week at Immanuel…
Psalms: Prayers for Every Season
This Sunday we will resume our sermon series, “Psalms: Prayers for Every Season.”
Please make plans to join us, either online or in-person:
- Online. Visit iknox.org/live and find out how to stream the service live at 10:30AM.
- In-Person. We are also meeting (socially distanced) at Hardin Valley Academy (HVA). Per the County’s request, we are following all CDC Guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with them here.
We look forward to seeing you then!
This is the time of year that we make big plans for our Kids Ministry. Of course, in these days of COVID19, those plans will look a little different for the fall semester. To help us reopen in the wisest and safest way possible, we are taking into consideration not only the CDC guidelines but also Knox County’s recently released plan. But we also want to hear from you. Please help us know how we can best minister to your children by filling out the survey below. Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback!
Community Groups: Fall 2020
Christian community is essential to the Christian life. And while we may be required to socially distance, we don’t want to spiritually distance ourselves from one another. That’s why we’re making plans to cultivate community in safe and responsible ways this fall through Community Groups this fall.
- If you’re not currently connected with a group, but are interested in joining, please fill out this Registration Form so can get you plugged-in.
- If you are a returning Community Grouper, please fill out our Evaluation and Re-Registration Form.
In light of the recent increase in area cases and the updated Knox County guidelines, we want to be especially mindful of CDC and County recommendations for church gatherings. Please help us follow these guidelines by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask if/when distancing is difficult or not feasible. You can see the full list of Immanuel Gathering Guidelines here.
CedarBrook Backpack Donations
As students begin to return to school, CedarBrook Outreach is holding a backpack drive to provide students in low-income housing with the proper supplies needed for this school year.
CedarBrook is currently in need of backpack and supply donations for middle school and high school students. If you would like to participate, simply fill a backpack with the following items:
- Backpack with laptop sleeve
- 3, three-ring notebooks
- Wide ruled notebook paper
- Plastic pocket dividers with tabs
- Large zippered pencil pouch
- #2 Pencils
- Cap erasers
- Glue sticks
- Colored pencils
- Student scissors
- Headphones or ear buds (with audio jack)
- Optional: personal bottle of hand sanitizer
- If Possible: TI-30xs calculator for middle school, TI-84 or TI-84+ calculator for high school.
Once you have filled a backpack, you may drop it off Monday-Thursday (9am-5pm) at CedarBrook located at the Children’s Center entrance of West Park Baptist Church. Backpacks must be dropped off at CedarBrook by Tuesday, August 11th.
Additionally, if you are interested in being a delivery driver for these backpacks, you may get in touch with Jeremy Unthank at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up for a delivery time on Thursday, August 13th.
If you would like to learn more about CedarBrook, click here.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!