This is the week at Immanuel…
Join us for the beginning of our new study in Acts this Sunday!
Also, if you are not in a community group, be sure to pick up your (free!) Acts study guide at the welcome desk.
Fall Ministry Vision Meeting Sunday
Please join us for a brief info meeting this Sunday, August 16th at 9:30am in the auditorium at HVA. Everyone is invited!
We will talk through plans for our ministries in this unique season, including plans for Preschool, iKids, iStudents, and adult classes. We will also provide time to answer any questions you may have.
Communion this Sunday
iKids (K-5th) At-Home Resources
At Immanuel, we want to see each child grow in knowing, loving, and following Jesus. One of the best ways we can help make that happen is by supporting parents as they seek to raise their children in the Lord (Ephesians 6:4). This year, to help you in that ministry, we will be offering additional at-home resources you can use during the week.
One of those resources is the Kids 4 Truth handbook. We’ll be sending out more info about at-home ideas soon, but to get started, be sure to pick up the “Welcome Back” Goodie Bag (one per child) that includes this handbook. You may pick up your bag(s) beginning this Sunday (8/9) or next, or you may grab one at the Ministry Center during the week.
Finally, be sure to join us for the Fall Ministry info meeting August 16th (9:30am at HVA or online) to hear all about the at-church and at-home options for your family this year.
Community Groups: Fall 2020
Christian community is essential to the Christian life. And while we may be required to socially distance, we don’t want to spiritually distance ourselves from one another. That’s why we’re making plans to cultivate community in safe and responsible ways this fall through Community Groups this fall.
- If you’re not currently connected with a group, but are interested in joining, please fill out this Registration Form so can get you plugged-in.
- If you are a returning Community Grouper, please fill out our Evaluation and Re-Registration Form.
Join the iKids Team!
iKids is looking forward to serving our youngest kids at Immanuel during the 10:30am hour on Sunday mornings. We’re looking for volunteers to safely and lovingly care for kids birth through Kindergarten on a monthly rotation. Please email Sara Raby for more information.
Our current needs:
- 4 nursery workers
- 4 toddler workers
- 1 preschool
- 1 kindergarten
- 3 special needs buddies
- 6 check-in assistants
HV Schools Prayer Walk
This year’s HVA prayer walk will be held on August 16th from 2-3pm. Families or individuals may walk the campus of Hardin Valley Academy and pray for the upcoming school year for the students. This year’s prayer walk will not include a gathering time under the pavilion, but families are encouraged to attend at any time during the 2-3pm window.
In light of the recent increase in area cases and the updated Knox County guidelines, we want to be especially mindful of CDC and County recommendations for church gatherings. Please help us follow these guidelines by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask if/when distancing is difficult or not feasible. You can see the full list of Immanuel Gathering Guidelines here.
Freedom 424 Virtual Parent Series
Did you know that since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, there has been a fourfold increase in child exploitation according to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children? If you would like to find out how to help prevent this, join Freedom 424 for their 8-week Facebook Live Parent Series. Running every Thursday at 12:00pm from 8/6-9/24, this series will cover topics such as prevention, understanding trauma, protection, and other topics related to stopping child exploitation. If you would like to participate, you may RSVP here.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!