See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
Community Center Workday
As we prepare for our Wednesday night programs to kick off (Sept. 9th), we need your help!
If you would like to help, join us for our Community Center Workday on Sunday, Sept. 6th from 5-7pm. Pizza and drinks will be provided! Sign-up HERE and thank you in advance!
Fall Kids Ministry Programs
- iKids Crew: This fall the iKids Crew moves to Wednesdays! We’re inviting all preschoolers and elementary kids to join us at the Immanuel Community Center for Kids Crew where we’ll learn to know, love, and follow Jesus and have a lot of fun doing it! Make plans to join us September 9th at 6:30pm! If you have any questions or would like to help out, let us know. [Nursery and Toddler rooms will be provided.]
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and Lesson 3 in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
It’s back! We will be hosting our second annual Immanuel Church Men’s Cornhole Tournament on Thursday, Sept. 24th. Invite a friend, sign-up your team, and enjoy a fun evening of fellowship, food, and cornhole. Sign-up HERE.
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
When: Thursday, Sept. 24th from 6:00pm-8:00pm
The evening will consist of pool games and a bracketed, 16-team, single-elimination tournament with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as a chance to win the Immanuel Cornhole Trophy.
We will also need several volunteers to bring cornhole boards and to help with food and tournament set-up and clean-up. We would like to secure at least 9 cornhole boards.
If you are interested in volunteering please sign-up HERE.
If you can bring a cornhole board please sign-up HERE.
Community Groups: Fall 2020
Christian community is essential to the Christian life. And while we may be required to socially distance, we don’t want to spiritually distance ourselves from one another. That’s why we’re making plans to cultivate community in safe and responsible ways this fall through Community Groups this fall.
- If you’re not currently connected with a group, but are interested in joining, please fill out this Registration Form so can get you plugged-in.
- If you are a returning Community Grouper, please fill out our Evaluation and Re-Registration Form.
Join the iKids Team!
iKids is looking forward to serving our youngest kids at Immanuel during the 10:30am hour on Sunday mornings. We’re looking for volunteers to safely and lovingly care for kids birth through Kindergarten on a monthly rotation. Please email Sara Raby for more information.
Our current needs:
- 4 nursery workers
- 4 toddler workers
- 1 preschool
- 1 kindergarten
- 3 special needs buddies
- 6 check-in assistants
Join a New Core Seminar
Exciting seminars heading your way this Fall on Wednesday nights! Visit iknox.org/seminars to view classes and to register.
iStudents Back September 9th!
We are so excited to bring back Beyond! We are planning to starting on September 9th.
- Who: All middle school and high school students.
- Where: The House at Immanuel Church Community Center (10613 Dogwood Dr, Knoxville, TN 37931).
- When: Every Wednesday! Our first meeting is September 9th!
In light of the recent increase in area cases and the updated Knox County guidelines, we want to be especially mindful of CDC and County recommendations for church gatherings. Please help us follow these guidelines by practicing social distancing and wearing a mask if/when distancing is difficult or not feasible. You can see the full list of Immanuel Gathering Guidelines here.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!