See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
Wednesday Night Kick-Off
Wednesday, Sept. 9th is our Community Center kick-off night! Kids ministry, core seminars, and students will all begin gathering at the Immanuel Church Community Center.
- iKids Crew: We’re inviting all preschoolers and elementary kids to join us at the Immanuel Community Center for Kids Crew where we’ll learn to know, love, and follow Jesus and have a lot of fun doing it! Make plans to join us September 9th at 6:30pm! If you have any questions or would like to help out, let us know. [Nursery and Toddler rooms will be provided.]
- Core seminars: Exciting seminars heading your way this Fall on Wednesday nights! Visit iknox.org/seminars to view classes and to register.
- iStudents: We are so excited to bring back Beyond! All middle school and high school students are invited to join us every Wednesday starting on Sept. 9th as we grow together and study God’s Word.
Community Center Workday
As we prepare for our Wednesday night programs to kick off (Sept. 9th), we need your help!
If you would like to help, join us for our Community Center Workday on Sunday, Sept. 6th from 5-7pm. Pizza and drinks will be provided! Sign-up HERE and thank you in advance!
It’s back! We will be hosting our second annual Immanuel Church Men’s Cornhole Tournament on Thursday, Sept. 24th. Invite a friend, sign-up your team, and enjoy a fun evening of fellowship, food, and cornhole. Sign-up HERE.
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
When: Thursday, Sept. 24th from 6:00pm-8:00pm
The evening will consist of pool games and a bracketed, 16-team, single-elimination tournament with prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as a chance to win the Immanuel Cornhole Trophy.
We will also need several volunteers to bring cornhole boards and to help with food and tournament set-up and clean-up. We would like to secure at least 9 cornhole boards.
If you are interested in volunteering please sign-up HERE.
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
Street Hope Virtual Banquet
This year, Street Hope will host their 3rd annual banquet, Hope Will Rise, on Thursday Sept. 17th at 7:00pm. This fundraiser will be multicast to different churches, host homes, and homes across Knoxville! If you would like to join in supporting this incredible ministry for the Hope Will Rise fundraiser, click HERE.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at email@example.com.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!