See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
Hardin Valley Fall Clean-Up
Join us on Saturday, November 7th as we help serve the community of Hardin Valley by participating in the Fall Litter Cleanup. Please meet at 9:00am at the Food City in Hardin Valley to register and get supplies.* Boots, long pants, and proper clothing for the weather are recommended, while gloves, trash bags, and vests will be provided at registration.
When: Saturday, November 7th from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Where: Food City in Hardin Valley
Questions: Contact Alan Hill at email@example.com.
*Please wear a mask at the Pick-Up Station
Join us this week at Immanuel Church as we remember Jesus’ work on the cross and celebrate the redemption, reconciliation, life, and freedom it gives. 10:30am @ Hardin Valley Academy.
Join us every Wednesday night for encouragement and discipleship! Kids ministry, core seminars, and students ministry will all begin gathering at the Immanuel Church Community Center.
- iKids Crew: We’re inviting all preschoolers and elementary kids to join us at the Immanuel Community Center for Kids Crew where we’ll learn to know, love, and follow Jesus and have a lot of fun doing it! Make plans to join us September 9th at 6:30pm! If you have any questions or would like to help out, let us know. [Nursery and Toddler rooms will be provided.]
- Core seminars: Exciting seminars heading your way this Fall on Wednesday nights! Visit iknox.org/seminars to view classes and to register.
- iStudents: We are so excited to bring back Beyond! All middle school and high school students are invited to join us every Wednesday starting on Sept. 9th as we grow together and study God’s Word.
On Nov. 20th-21st, iStudents will be having a lock-in for all students from 6th grade to 12th grade! With games, an offsite ministry opportunity at Compassion Closet, and lots of fun, this will be an event your student won’t want to miss!
When: 11/20-11/21, 8:00pm-7:00am
Who: 6th-12th grade and any friends you wish to bring
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
*A snack will be provided in the evening, with breakfast being provided in the morning.
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
CedarBrook Corporate Commission
CedarBrook, a local non-profit working in the Middlebrook and Cedar Bluff communities, has invited community businessmen and women to a Corporate Commission on Nov. 19th. CedarBrook Outreach’s team will be sharing about the lives that are changing in the CedarBrook community. They will be taking you a virtual tour of CedarBrook and their programs. You will meet our children, watch their outreaches in action, and see what God is doing through CedarBrook Outreach.
If you are interested in participating in the Corporate Commission, you may sign-up HERE by Nov. 10th. The event will be held virtually, but CedarBrook Outreach has partnered with Tropical Smoothie Café to deliver free food to your workplace while you participate! Additionally, there will be the chance to win gift cards while participating in the virtual event.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!