See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
If you have filled or are planning to fill a Thanksgiving box for CedarBrook ministry, please return these boxes to the CedarBrook table in the atrium this Sunday, November 15th. If you have yet to fill your Thanksgiving box, below is a list of items to purchase for the box!
CedarBrook also needs volunteers to help deliver the Thanksgiving boxes on Tuesday, November 17th from 1:00pm-6:00pm. If you are interested in helping deliver Thanksgiving boxes, please contact Jeremy Unthank by email at email@example.com or by phone at 865-382-3963.
Items to pick-up for the Thanksgiving box*
- $20 gift card to Kroger or Walmart
- 1, 14 oz. can cranberry sauce
- Total of 28 oz. of canned green beans
- Total of 28 oz. of canned corn
- Total of 28 oz. of canned yams
- 1, 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- 1 small box of brown sugar
- 1, 8 oz. box instant potatoes
- 1, 6 oz. box of stuffing
- 2, 1 oz. packets of turkey gravy mix
- 1 boxed dessert mix (brownies, cookies, etc.)
- Optional: Bible, card, Thanksgiving napkins, tablecloth (no last names on handwritten cards)
*Please do not pack the gift card in the Thanksgiving box. Rather, place the gift card in the “gift card box” that will be located at the collection table on 11/15 in the atrium.
Ladies! Join us for Campfire Christmas! This woman’s gathering will be held on 12/4 7:00pm-9:00pm at the Immanuel Church Community Center, and will include campfires, fellowship, and fun!
Christmas Eve Save the Date
Save the date! We will be having Christmas Eve services this year on Thursday, 12/24 at the Immanuel Community Center! We will have two services, one at 3:00pm and one at 5:00pm.
ICYA Game Night
Are you a young adult or do you know a young adult who loves board games? Join Immanuel Church Young Adults this Tuesday for Game Nights! 7:00pm @ the Immanuel Church Ministry Center.
On Nov. 20th-21st, iStudents will be having a lock-in for all students from 6th grade to 12th grade! With games, an offsite ministry opportunity at Compassion Closet, and lots of fun, this will be an event your student won’t want to miss!
When: 11/20-11/21, 8:00pm-7:00am
Who: 6th-12th grade and any friends you wish to bring
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
*A snack will be provided in the evening, with breakfast being provided in the morning.
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
Christmas in the Valley
Mark your calendars! Immanuel Church will be participating in Christmas in the Valley with several other Hardin Valley churches. Friday, December 18th in front of the Immanuel Church Ministry Center.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!