See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
This Christmas Immanuel will have a special opportunity to share and show Christ’s love to children and families in need. We are partnering with Compassion Closet to have a Compassion Tree in the atrium starting this Sunday, 11/29, throughout the month of December. This tree will be decorated with ornaments that have needs from families and children in our community written on them.
If you would like to help, simply take as many needs from the tree as you think you can fill, purchase the needed items, and return them to Immanuel! It’s that easy!
Another way to help is via donation. There will be a donation box in the atrium for those who wish to donate cash or a check.
Thank you for your generosity as we seek to share the love of Christ to foster-care families this Christmas!
Women’s Campfire Christmas
Ladies! Join us for Campfire Christmas! This woman’s gathering will be held on 12/4 7:00pm-9:00pm at the Immanuel Church Community Center, and will include campfires, fellowship, and fun!
ICYA Christmas Party
Immanuel Church Young Adults! Join us on 12/13 for our ICYA Christmas Party! The theme is Classy Christmas, so we’ll be dressing up for an evening of food, fellowship, and of course, Christmas!
When: Sunday, 12/13 @ 6:00pm
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
Christmas in the Valley
Mark your calendars! December 18th is Christmas in the Valley! Join us as we partner with other area churches to have an evening filled with family-friendly fun, ending with the lighting of the Hardin Valley Christmas tree. The event (6-9pm) will take place in the field in front of the Immanuel Church Ministry Center. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Zachary Conant at email@example.com.
Christmas Eve Save the Date
Save the date! We will be having Christmas Eve services this year on Thursday, 12/24 at the Immanuel Community Center! We will have two services, one at 3:00pm and one at 5:00pm.
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!