See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
Postponed: Campfire Christmas
Due to the weather forecast tomorrow night (12/4/20), we are postponing the Ladies Campfire Christmas Event to the New Year. Stay tuned for a new date and more details. HOWEVER, we still want to be a blessing to the women of our church this Christmas. If you would like to help put together a Christmas “goodie bag” for our ladies, please join a few of us at the Community Center tomorrow night at 7:00pm. Message Jess Griz if you would like to come help with that project.
Christmas Eve Services
Make plans to join us in person or online for a 3pm or 5pm Christmas Eve Service at the Immanuel Church Community Center. If you plan to attend in person, you must pre-register by 12/20. Please note that attendance will be limited in each service to 50-75 people. (Nursery and childcare will be provided).
Register HERE if you plan on attending in person!
This Christmas Immanuel will have a special opportunity to share and show Christ’s love to children and families in need. We are partnering with Compassion Closet to have a Compassion Tree in the atrium throughout the month of December. This tree will be decorated with ornaments that have needs from families and children in our community written on them.
If you would like to help, simply take as many needs from the tree as you think you can fill, purchase the needed items, and return them to Immanuel! It’s that easy!
Another way to help is via donation. There will be a donation box in the atrium for those who wish to donate cash or a check. You may also send checks to Compassion Closet, 11020 Kingston Pk, Suite 270, 37934 or donate online.
Thank you for your generosity as we seek to share the love of Christ to foster-care families this Christmas!
ICYA Christmas Party
Immanuel Church Young Adults! Join us on 12/13 for our ICYA Christmas Party! The theme is Classy Christmas, so we’ll be dressing up for an evening of food, fellowship, and of course, Christmas!
When: Sunday, 12/13 @ 6:00pm
Where: Immanuel Church Community Center
This Wednesday, 12/9, will mark the last Wednesday of the fall semester for our Wednesday night programs as we break for Christmas. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!