See what’s happening at Immanuel Church…
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:6
Merry Christmas from all of us at Immanuel Church to you and your family!
Christmas Eve Services
Make plans to join us in person or online for a 3pm or 5pm Christmas Eve Service at the Immanuel Church Community Center. If you are attending in person, we have spots reserved for you at the service you requested. Someone at the door will help you find your seats. If you are unable to attend, please let us know.
In light of the present increase of COVID cases in our area and our Governor’s recent requests, please help us by following the CDC guidelines laid out for church gatherings. Please practice social distancing, wear a mask when distancing is not possible, and remain at home if you don’t feel well. Thank you in advance for your help in this.
One Year Bible
Immanuel Church! We want to invite you to join us for a journey through the One Year Bible in 2021. Our staff will be embarking on this adventure, and we invite you to join us. If you’d like to read more about this journey, find helpful resources, or ask questions, click HERE! See you in 2021 as we embark on a life-changing journey through God’s Word.
Land: Update & Info Meeting
We have exciting news: Immanuel Church is pursuing property! If you missed our land meeting this past Sunday, you can catch up on all the info HERE. You can also read the announcement from the Elders. We hope you’ll join to discuss, consider, and pray about this wonderful opportunity!
This Christmas Immanuel will have a special opportunity to share and show Christ’s love to children and families in need. We are partnering with Compassion Closet to have a Compassion Tree in the atrium throughout the month of December. This tree will be decorated with ornaments that have needs from families and children in our community written on them.
If you would like to help, simply take as many needs from the tree as you think you can fill, purchase the needed items, and return them to Immanuel! It’s that easy!
Another way to help is via donation. There will be a donation box in the atrium for those who wish to donate cash or a check. You may also send checks to Compassion Closet, 11020 Kingston Pk, Suite 270, 37934 or donate online.
Thank you for your generosity as we seek to share the love of Christ to foster-care families this Christmas!
Family and Kids Ministry Resources
- The P180 Challenge: Join us as we read a Proverb a day throughout the school year! To find out more, please visit iknox.org/p180.
- Kids4Truth: Each week we will be posting Kids4Truth videos! Be sure to check out this week’s K4T video and follow along in your child’s Kids4Truth Handbook. If you haven’t received a Handbook, be sure to pick it up Sunday morning or at the Ministry Center during the week.
Prepare for Worship
- Listen to this week’s worship songs: Immanuel Weekly Playlist.
- Catch up on the sermon series via podcast: iTunes, Google Play.
- Email. If you came across this newsletter some other way than email, please take a moment to sign up to receive The Week via email. [Note: Our social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) do no reliably surface or distribute our updates.]
- Request prayer. How can we be praying for you? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giving & Serving.
- CedarBrook Outreach. We are working with CedarBrook Outreach to help provide meals for local families in need. There are a variety of ways to help. To donate money, please go HERE. To view their latest needs and see other ways to partner, please go HERE.
- Give to Immanuel. For detailed instructions, please visit iknox.org/giving.
- Immanuel Resource Team. If you are willing to be on standby for needs at Immanuel, please sign up HERE.
- Request Help. If you need help of any kind (e.g., prayer, financial help, someone to run an errand, just to talk to someone), please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at email@example.com or contact one of us personally.
- Request/refer Counseling. If you or someone you know would like biblical counseling, please visit us at iknox.org/counseling.
- At-Home Resources. Looking for resources to use for yourself or for your family? Check out our At-Home Resources page!